Hello. My name is Maria Sipin. AHEALTHYDESIGN.COM is my digital scrapbook. Through these electronic pages, you’ll get to know my work, my community, and some of the things I love. I’m a transit advocate, champion for active living, and a healthcare communications specialist coordinating social media and marketing campaigns and providing writing services, consulting, and events planning for nonprofit organizations. I enjoy working on projects with a public health focus that facilitate wellness, creativity, and positive changes. I also have a passion for teaching and promoting bicycle safety as a League Cycling Instructor.
I take pride in exploring Southern California on foot, by bicycle and on buses and trains and enjoy the benefits of alternative commute options. Public transit is central to my daily adventures, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
If I’m not working outdoors, you can catch me actively participating in health discussions online and engaging with people through social networks, webinars and chats. Thanks to blogging, Twitter and other forums, I can take my advocacy further.
Feel free to contact me for any questions or to share your own story.
All the best,
- Women on Bikes SoCal – Columnist
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) – Member
- Pomona Valley Bicycle Coalition (PVBC) – Member
- League of American Bicyclists – League Cycling Instructor
- California State Polytechnic University Pomona – alumnus
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, SYPP Center – staff